Show/hide picture

The Parish of Neen Sollars with Milson: St George

Welcome to our church's website

Milson has always been part of the larger All Saints Benefice in Neen Sollars, and St. George’s was built as a Chapel of Ease for the 6 Milson households: 3 of villagers and 3 of riders to escort the Saxon Lord, Siward the Fat. The Mortimers (as in Cleobury Mortimer) became the Norman Tenants-in-Chief, or Overlords, in 1074, having slain the Earl of Shrewsbury; as Patrons they chose the vicars. Worcester College Oxford acquired the Patronage in 1810 and from 1814 until 1962 all the vicars were their graduates.

Back to top